Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scotland and love songs

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Scotland. I loved it there. In fact, my profile picture is a picture I took in Scotland. It's a river near Loch Ness, heck it might even run into Loch Ness for all I know. Everytime I think of this next memory I smile. I was at my sister's wedding. She got married in a castle in Scotland. She was up on a balcony overlooking the courtyard, getting ready to throw her bouquet. She nagged every single female, including me, into catching the bouquet. I was refusing to be in that group. I've been married twice and divorced twice. The last thing I wanted to do was catch a bouquet. But it came down to refusing and marring my sister's perfect day or giving in and making her happy. I gave in with the provision that I would keep my hands in my pockets. I knew that damn bouquet was coming to me, I could feel it. Sure enough, I'm standing there, with my hands in my pockets with that bouquet coming at me and out of relex I put my hand out to catch it and then realize what I'm doing I pulled back. I touched it and it bounced off my hand when I pulled back. It ended up falling on the ground but because I was the first to touch it everyone insisted on me taking it. It just makes me smile and giggle to think about that.

Which brings me to love songs. Have you ever heard a love song and thought that you wanted someone to feel that way about you or you really wanted to dedicate that song to the one you love? I have and they seem to keep popping up lately. Should I ever get married again, I'd like the love songs that have really touched me played at my wedding.